Project Manager - RK0922
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Department of Transversal Translational Medicine (TTM) of the Luxembourg Institute of Health aims to foster biomedical and healthcare technology programs by facilitating the ability of public and private stakeholders to work translationally, fostering national and international bed-to-bench-to-bed collaborations and thereby acting as a bridge from fundamental over clinical research into the real-world healthcare experience in integrated care networks. The group represents a translational platform, integrating clinical research with fundamental science. It manages biomedicine projects creating impact for patients and citizens, like the National Centre for Excellence in Research on Parkinson’s Disease (NCER-PD https://parkinson.lu/) In this context, the Health Brain Aging (HeBA) project started in collaboration with international partners and cofounded by the Michael J. Fox Foundation, to implement an online screening tool for PD risk.
The TTM group is seeking a qualified candidate to reinforce the scientific management as well as the coordination of activities and oversee the data management of key projects in its group. The successful candidate is proactive, reliable, diplomatic, and a team player. The ability to work in a fast-paced international academic environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Support the Principal Investigators in coordinating the scientific development, execution and monitoring of the HeBA and NCER-PD research programme.
- Ensure the timely execution of the research activities, including international collaborations.
- Coordinate national and international meetings related to the research projects.
- Be a key link across research activities within HeBA translational programme, connecting the activities of the IBBL (biosample storage) with the activities at the LIH (data stewardship) and the other relevant partners.
- Oversee the development and use of data related to the HeBA programme and other related project (e.g. NCER-PD and other research projects), and guarantee that all data to and from the programme are secured.
- Oversee that rules and procedures for data storage and sharing are always respected also for collaboration agreements with external research partners.
- Guarantee that scientific activities and results are effectively communicated within the scientific and healthcare communities in Luxembourg and internationally.
- Develop scientific reporting to the national and international funding agency and internal stakeholders.
- Be involved in the establishment, writing and coordination of large projects and stakeholder management within consortia.
- Engaged in outreach activities to raise public awareness and support fundraising to gain further financial support by public and private funders.Preparation of reportings
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD degree in the natural/life sciences or clinical research plus work experience in data management, with a focus on project management (at least 3 years).
- Solid stakeholder management at national and international level and strong communication skills.
- Motivated and flexible organizer and manager.
- Reliable, efficient, and proactive in your work.
- Excellent understanding of data management requirements according to the FAIR principles (making data findable, accessible interoperable and reusable).
- Ability to quickly adapt and effectively organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a highly dynamic environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good understanding on how to submit proposals to answer national and international call for proposal.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Additional knowledge of German, French or Luxembourgish is considered an asset.
- High-level competency in MS Office.
- Knowledge on patient cohort design is considered an asset.
- Contract type: 3-year fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Luxembourg
- Start date: asap
- Ref: JA/PM0922/RK/TTM