Postdoctoral Fellow in Epidemiology and Public Health - MRC1123
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Socio-Economic, Environmental Health and Health Services (CARES) research group adopts an interdisciplinary approach to undertake research on health disparities, environmental health challenges, health services and systems, population health and wellbeing, and policy impact evaluation in health. Among our objectives is the investigation of factors that contribute to health disparities, including social determinants of health, economic inequalities, and environmental exposures, to inform the development of effective interventions and policies that promote health equity and reduce disparities in health outcomes and health care utilization.Dr. Ruiz-Castell, PhD, co-lead of CARES, is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Gender Inequalities in Health project, which aims to study gender inequalities in health and health care in Luxembourg and other European countries using the European Health Interview Survey (EHIS) 2014-2019. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for data processing and analysis, under the supervision of Dr Ruiz-Castell, project PI, and Dr. Valerie Moran, Scientist. The main tasks of the Postdoctoral Fellow will be to process large datasets, undertake data analysis, and draft reports and scientific manuscripts. The Postdoctoral Fellow will also undertake some project management activities to support the successful implementation and dissemination of the project.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in epidemiology, public health, or other related discipline
- Experience of working with large datasets.
- Good statistical knowledge.
- Very good command of R or STATA.
- Experience in scientific writing. Peer-reviewed publications would be an asset
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and planning skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Autonomy, confidentiality, curiosity, flexibility and responsibility.
- Good proficiency in English (written and oral). Proficiency in or knowledge of another language (e.g. French) would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.