Internship in Epidemiology/Public Health/Biostatistics (Master student) - COCALUX - GF1022
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
By being one of the leading causes of death, cancers are a matter of public health in Luxembourg. Significant efforts have been implemented in Luxembourg to enhance efficiency of the fight against cancer, such as prevention and screening programs, epidemiological monitoring, expansion of the cancer research field and the application of regular national plans. The current National Cancer Plan has been launched in 2020 for four years, with patient support as a main topic. With the aim of improvement and providing appropriate care, Colive Cancer study will collect relevant data from patients’ experience and perception about their cancer journey in Luxembourg.
The project aims at evaluating cancer care in Luxembourg, in order to improve the current system for the future. This project is part of the second National Cancer Plan1.
Training and research environment
The intern will be co-supervised by Dr. Guy Fagherazzi and Maurane Rollet, (“Deep Digital Phenotyping Research Unit” from the Department of Precision Health.) The Master's student will directly contribute to the reesearch effort on imporvement of cancer care in Luxembourg. He/She will lead a project on the data analysis and interpretation of the dataset from the Colive Cancer study to highlight the current challenge and difficulties from the national cancer care system.
He/She will have to take charge of the literature review, the pre-processing of the data, the data analysis, and the preparation of a scientific article.
What we offer
● Students will have the opportunity to work in an interactive and international scientific environment, prepare a scientific publication and present their own work during lab meetings.
● They will receive training in digital epidemiology research and data science and will have the opportunity to gain skills in data analysis, and in the conduct of a research project. An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering acquiring transversal competencies such as presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation as well as specific training in Epidemiology.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Master level in Public Health, Epidemiology, Data Science, or equivalent required
● Flexibility, adaptability, autonomy
● Ability to work with different profiles and people from different experiences and cultural backgrounds
● Language skills: Fluency in French and English is an asset, with written skills in English. Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset.
● Applicants should be enrolled in a Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Contract type: 6-month fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time- 40h/week
- Location: Luxembourg
- Start date: April/May 2023
- Ref: JF/INTCOCALUX/GF/DDP