Finance Controller - AK1122
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The controller is the financial Key partner for the researchers when dealing with the financial backers, from the project submission to the final report, to ensure full funds collection.
S/he monitors the construction of the annual budget of the Institute and support the Management with adequate financial analysis to steer the operations.
S/he is the key partner for translating the financial information to non-financial partners.
- Set up the budget of the projects with the researchers
- Monitor the adjustments of individual budgets to reflect project management changes
- Perform tight controlling of the projects to ensure the individual budgets are well respected
- Report and analyse budget consumption and project forecasts
- Provide the financial reports to the backers, to ensure funds collection
- In collaboration with Management, prepare the annual budget of the Institute
- Act as business partner to researchers and project managers
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree (Bac+5) in Finance/ Controlling / Audit
- 5 year experience in Finance, ideally in the funded research field
- Proven experience in budgeting
- Previous experience with an ERP is mandatory
- Advanced level in Excel
- Knowledge of EU programs (e.g. H2020) and audit requirements is considered as an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
- Ability to translate financial information towards non-financial colleagues
- Commitment to meet deadlines with high quality. Capacity to set priorities.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English, intermediate level of French mandatory, Luxembourgish is considered as an asset
- Contract type: 1-year fixed term contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: Mid-February 2023
- Ref: JA/FC1122/AK/ADM FIN
how to apply
Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page.
Applications by email will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.