Clinical Research Project Manager Coordinator - MG1022
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Clinical Research Project Manager Coordinator manages a team of Clinical Research Project Managers and is also in charge of supervising their projects during their project lifecycle. He/She plans, establishes, directs and coordinates projects involving national and external parties and ensures projects are set up according to procedures, and that timelines as well as budgets are met.
- Manage the team of Clinical Research Project Managers: technical organization of the team, follow up on their activities, implementation of new clinical research projects, evaluation of collaborators, defining their training needs, management of conflict, etc.
- Supervise a portfolio of clinical projects in alignment with LIH strategy and priorities in close collaboration with the internal and external partners with regards to the planning, implementation, monitoring and communication with the different partners.
- Allocate and monitor the distribution of projects’ activities within his/her team.
- Together with Clinical Research Project Managers, discuss the Clinical Research projects to be carried out.
- Be the main contact person for any escalation of project related issue encountered by his/her team.
- Review timelines, budget, quotation, etc. prepared by his/her team.
- Manage his/her own projects, and prepare quotations.
- Participate in the implementation of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and their validation process.
- Regularly interact and cooperate with the financial department in order to ensure the financial monitoring required for the proper execution and the subsequent invoicing of the clinical projects.
- Interact with the legal department with regards to project specific contracts.
- Interact closely with key national and external stakeholders including research and commercial partners as well as all external parties required for the successful execution of projects including CNER, governmental bodies, clinical teams, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure effective information flow within his/her team, internally with other CRPM teams and their CRPM coordinator and externally with stakeholders.
- Establish an effective communication with CRPM coordinator in order to ensure the alignment of the groups within CPMO, be a role model for his/her team enabling to share the same vision for CPMO between teams.
- Privileged interlocutor of the operational partners (bio-repository, bio-refinery, research nurses, CRAs and data monitors, study statistics and methodology) in the context of the design of the projects he/she is supervising as well as for the follow-up of the good execution of the contracts & agreements.
- Promote research: communication of results at congresses, consortium meetings, drafting of scientific articles and contribute to the publication of the results in international journals and organization of colloquiums and congresses as required.
- Popularize research: participate in information days aimed at the general public, present clinical research projects in secondary schools and write publications for scientific popularization.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Min. Master’s degree in biology, pharmacy or medicine.
- Min. 5 years relevant job-related experiences in leading complex projects in biology, biomedical, CRO, or pharmaceutical industries, for public research institution or/and private companies.
- Previous Team leader experience would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the working rules of clinical research (legal context, patient rights, data protection, etc.) and the international directives (International Conference on Harmonization - Good Clinical Practice: ICH-GCP, European directive on clinical studies).
- Experience in the domain of biobanking and/or clinical research in a CRO, research centre, or industry setting is considered an asset.
- Meticulous and motivated, creative and scientifically innovative, ability of summarising and prioritizing, good interpersonal skills and team player abilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Make reasoned decisions and take responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to firmly but diplomatically push projects forward.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Language skills: fluency in English and French; additional knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish would be considered an asset.
Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Mastery of PMBOK, PRINCE2 or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel (1-2 times per month).
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: asap
- Ref: JA/CRPMC1022/MG/CPMO